Đề thi IELTS Writing Task 2 ngày 30.11.2022 yêu cầu thí sinh đưa ra quan điểm về phương pháp giáo dục (tại nhà hay tại trườn). Mời bạn tham khảo bài phân tích mẫu của đội ngũ chuyên gia học thuật hàng đầu tại IELTS CITY, để nắm được dàn ý và cách triển khai, cũng như note lại một số từ vựng ghi điểm nhé!
1. Đề thi IELTS Writing Task 2
Đề bài: In some countries, there has been an increase in the number of parents who educate their children themselves at home instead of sending them to school. Do you think the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?
Phân tích đề thi:
Câu hỏi của đề bài là: “Do you think the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?”. Do đó, ngoài việc kể ra những mặt lợi, mặt hại của việc giáo dục tại nhà, người viết cũng phải trả lời liệu phương pháp giáo dục này có lợi nhiều hơn hay có hại nhiều hơn. Nhận định này nên được trình bày ở phần mở bài và kết bài.
2. Dàn bài
- Giới thiệu đề tài: homeschooling.
- Paraphrase đề bài.
- Nêu quan điểm của người viết: There are strengths and weaknesses to this method but it should be used with consideration.
- Topic sentence: There are some merits.
- Main idea 1: It helps both students and parents avoid school pressure.
- Explanation: Students can learn at their own pace.
- Main idea 2: It is flexible.
- Example: For a family where one or both of the parents constantly move to different places for work, it allows the child to access education without being restricted to a local school.
- Topic sentence: There are also some drawbacks.
- Main idea 1: It may limit the child’s development of social skills.
- Explanation: The child has few opportunities to interact with other kids.
- Main idea 2: A lot is demanded of the parents.
- Explanation: When the kid has a question, the parents will need to explain. Thus, it is essential that they have an adequate level of knowledge, relatively good communication skills, and plenty of patience.
- Khẳng định lại quan điểm của người viết: Unless the family must constantly move and unless the child has difficulties integrating with the school community, he or she should not be homeschooled. A kid needs to learn to socialise as well as having fun.
3. Sample Answer band 7.5+
The emergence of homeschooling dated back to the second half of the 20th century, when it was deemed an alternative method due to the growing dissatisfaction with the school environment. Nowadays, it has become a popular trend in several countries. While there are strengths and weaknesses to this method, I believe that it should be used with careful consideration.
It is undeniable that this method has several obvious merits. To start with, it helps avoid school pressure. Allowing students to learn at their own pace, it makes the learning process stress-free and more meaningful. Another good point is that it is flexible. For a family where one of the parents has to constantly move to different places for work, for example, it enables the child to access education without being restricted to a local school.
Nevertheless, its drawbacks are also apparent. First, homeschooling may limit the child’s development of social skills. Being educated within the domestic environment means the child has few opportunities to interact with other kids and therefore may encounter communication and collaboration difficulties as he or she grows up. Second, if a family chooses to educate their kids at home, a lot will be demanded of the parents. For instance, the kid may need help with a new scientific concept or a complicated mathematical problem. Thus, it is essential that the parents have an adequate level of knowledge, relatively good communication skills, and plenty of patience.
In conclusion, I believe that unless the family must constantly move and unless the child has difficulties integrating into the school community, he or she should not be homeschooled for a kid needs to socialise with their peers at school besides acquiring new knowledge.
283 words – Band 7.5+ – Written by IELTS CITY
4. Từ vựng highlight
- Emergence [n]: the fact of starting to exist or becoming known for the first time (sự xuất hiện).
- Alternative [adj]: different from the usual or traditional way in which something is done (thay thế).
- Obvious [adj] = apparent [adj]: easy to see or understand (rõ ràng).
- Free [suffix]: (in adjectives) without the thing mentioned (miễn/không có).
➜ Stress-free [adj]: without stress (không căng thẳng).
- Collaboration [n]: the act of working with another person or group of people to create or produce something (sự hợp tác).
- Demand something of someone [v]: to require something in order to be successful at something (đòi hỏi điều gì từ ai).
- Concept [n]: an idea or a principle that is connected with something abstract (khái niệm).
- Integrate into something [v]: to become a member of a social group (hòa nhập).
- Homeschool someone [v]: to educate a child at home, not in a school (giáo dục tại nhà).
➜ Homeschooling [n].
- Socialise with somebody [v]: to meet and spend time with people in a friendly way, in order to enjoy yourself (giao lưu).
- Acquire something [v]: to gain something by your own efforts, ability or behaviour (tiếp thu).
Trên đây IELTS CITY đã hướng dẫn các bạn phân tích bài mẫu đề thi IELTS Writing Task 2 ngày 30.11.2022. Hy vọng bài viết hữu ích này sẽ giúp bạn có một kỳ ôn luyện IELTS Writing Task 2 thật tốt. Hãy cập nhật xu hướng ra đề và đề thi IELTS Writing 2023 được cập nhật nhanh nhất tại IELTS CITY nhé!
Nếu các bạn đang tìm kiếm khóa học luyện thi IELTS uy tín tại TPHCM, tham khảo ngay các Khóa học IELTS cam kết đầu ra tại IELTS CITY.